12 Good Reasons to Join Toastmasters
If you’re thinking of joining Toastmasters, you probably have just one or two driving reasons.
But come to meetings regularly and you’ll soon find that you’re getting far more out of Toastmasters than you ever hoped for:-
- SELF CONFIDENCE – not arrogance or cocky self assurance, but well founded, solidly based confidence in your own abilities and knowledge.
- KEEN LISTENING SKILLS – constructive analysis and evaluation is a key part of all Toastmasters meetings.
- ABILITY TO THINK ON YOUR FEET – quickly and with clarity.
- LEARN TO SPEAK EFFECTIVELY – to any group, large or small – customers, peers, or superiors.
- LEADERSHIP ABILITIES – when you develop speaking skills you develop natural leadership skills too.
- CAREER ADVANCEMENT – no matter what your profession, business or vocation.
- KUDOS AND ADVANCEMENT OF POSITION – in your professional, service, business or social groups.
- TOLERANCE AND UNDERSTANDING – you’ll learn to see both sides of arguments and issues.
- A GENERAL WIDENING – of your interests in life.
- INCREASED USEFULNESS – in your work, community and home life.
- POLITICAL ADVANCEMENT – if you’re ambitious along those lines.
- VALUABLE FRIENDSHIPS – with ambitious, agreeable, supportive members.
So there you have it. Aside from being good for your career, good for this, good for that, and good for everything – Toastmasters is FUN. Ask any Toastmaster what keeps them coming back and they’ll tell you it’s the fun; good old fashioned fun from real live human interaction; fun that can’t be had in front of a TV, or computer or from a book, or in a pub.
So why not put a note on your calendar right now. Just come along and check us out. Toastmasters is a brilliant way to spend a Wednesday evening once a fortnight, we promise! Checking us out will cost you nothing but time, so come!